Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What is wrong with Hollywood?

A question that has been asked a lot lately is why is the box office so down for movies? Here are some reasons why.

First off quit putting out crap. Lets have an orginal idea now and then. Not a remake of a prevous movie or a TV show. Not another lameass sequel but an orginal movie. No one wants to pay 10 bucks to see some piece of crap that the actor was overpaid to make and looks like they are just playing the same character over and over. They overhype the crappiest movies and underhype the ones that are actually good. Make some movies that a whole family could go to. And also make some that are for mature people. No one wants to go to a movie and take their kids if they are going to have to cringe everytime someone drops the F bomb or chops off someones head. Now I am no prude and I like movies like Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs etc but these movies should only be seen by people mature enough to know the difference between a movie and reality. Make movies that mean something movies like Schindlers List, The Passion Of The Christ, Forrest Gump etc. These are movies that told a story with people in them that could actually act. The Aviator sucked because it was all over the place and sorry to say but Leo aint that great of an actor. Do not pay someone over 10 million for any movie. They usually suck as actors and the movies usually sucks as well. There are certain actors that play the same in every movie proving they cannot act .... for example: Harrison Ford, Kevin Costner, Ben Affleck,Micahel Douglas, Sharon Stone, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jack Nicholson,Gwyneth Paltrow, Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant, Tom Cruise, Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler,Ben Stiller, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow,Mathew Perry and Leonardo Dicrapio. It works for some of these people but it does get boring after awhile. Some of them have had moments where they didnt play themselves or the same character over and over, but for the most part with those listed it is rare. There are far far better actors than these out there.For example: Johnny Depp, Liam Neeson, Robert Duvall, Angela Bassett, Gena Rowlands, Holly HUnter,Frances McDormand, Ray Liotta, Russell Crowe, Jodie Foster, Juliette Binoche, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Denzel Washington, and Nicholas Cage. I am sure I am forgetting some and some of these people have phoned in some roles but for the most part they are solid.
Another reason why people don't go to the movies much anymore is because they have no one who works at the theatre to go in and tell some to shut the fuck up if they are on their cell phone or talking. No one wants to get up and leave a movie to go get someone to tell someone to shut the fuck up. And some people are afraid to do it themselves. There are too many rude people in this world. If you are so important that you cannot turn your cell phone off then you shouldn't be at the movies in the first fucking place. Stay the fuck home. People teach your kids manners. It isn't just kids though, sadly enough.
I have more thoughts on this but I must go.
Have no fear I will be back................

5 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a sad sole. I hope this blogs gives you enough outlet. I saw your comments to Rosie and felt sorry for you.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger BennettMarco said...

Wow, where to start on this brave anonymous nimrod. I am a sad "sole" hmmm the soles of my feet are sad? I don't have any sole fish so I guess thats what you meant. Why the hatred for my feet? You hope this "blogS" gives me enough outlet. Well actually brainiac it is just one blog I know I know you wish I had more but sadly I do not have the time for more than one so you will just have to enjoy this one. Thanks for stopping by and I hope maybe just maybe you will stop thinking the soles of my feet are sad. Thats just wrong.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG LMAO!!! Your blog ROCKS. I love it!!!!!!!!! You make me laugh so fregging hard!!!!!!!

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put this blog on my fave places. It is really good and funny. Way to tell it as it is. Love your smartass replies to the comments too. Write more often I love it.
Megan

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger BennettMarco said...

Awwww thanks Megan. You are a sweet one. Unfortunately I dont have time to blog more often but I do try to as often as I can
Thanks again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home