Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Dick Clark

I think what he did was very cool. I know a lot of people were disturbed to see him on New Years Eve but I think he showed a lot of courage. I don't get why some people are so aghast at seeing him. The dude had a stroke and made his way back from not being able to speak and I say kudos to him. I know that people are used to seeing the picture perfect fake as hell celebs but I enjoyed seeing him. He didn't hide away like some of these so called stars would have done. We have to accept the fact that not everyone is perfect and strokes do have consequences. I would rather see Dick Clark the way he was this New Years eve than see that tool Carson Daley or that dork Ryan Seacrest.If it bothered you to see someone less than perfect then perhaps you need to take a good long look at yourself.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This morning...the miners...incomprehensible. Just venting.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say Kudos to Dick Clark too! My Mom suffered a massive stroke in 1999 and the hardest thing for her to do afterwards was to go out into public because she didn't want people to look at her and pity her.
I just dressed her, put her make up on and combed her hair and made her go anyway. It broke my heart to see how some people reacted to her. She felt it too and it almost broke her spirit.
I watched as her Pastor's wife actually crossed the room so she wouldn't have to pass my Mom on our way out of church.
Needless to say Mom doesn't attend that church anymore.
Some people just don't know what to say or how to react. Just because someone looks off doesn't mean they don't feel and don't understand when you try to Not Deal with their tragedy.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you and your mom. God bless you for taking care of her, you are an angel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home